Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Potty Training. Oh What a Joy.

Well, we're potty training Lucinda. I think we're starting earlier than we did with Deston, but it was so long ago, I can't really remember. She's off to a slow start--she was initially excited about sitting on the potty, but comes and goes with it now. She hasn't yet peed in the actual potty, though she has peed on the floor twice after getting up from the potty. When she was younger she used to get bad diaper rash and I'd try to let her go without a diaper to help it out. This never lasted long because she would usually end up peeing all over the floor. I guess you could say it's a hobby of hers. Since she's turning two this week (GAH!) I'm trying to get her sitting on the potty more often. We have a basket of books next to the potty and she enjoys being read to. I'm the only one she'll do this for, however. Drew can't get her to cooperate. She gets a Raisinet whenever she'll sit for us and if she ever pees she'll get two. Interestingly, when we first got the potty out, Deston was really into it. He asked if one of his chores could be emptying the potty after Lucinda used it. I can't figure that kid out sometimes. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: