Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Lucinda Lemondrop!

Today my sweet girl turns two! Looking at pictures of her first day at home, I can vividly remember that strange feeling of finally meeting the person I'd been carrying around for nine months. I was so unused to the feeling of having two kids around--it was a little surreal. Lucinda, true to her name, has lit up our lives from the moment she arrived. She makes us laugh every single day. This last year has been full of milestones--I can't imagine what's in store for my little girl this year. 

A brief snapshot of Lucinda right now. She loves playing with Deston (especially in his room), books, her toy stroller, and balls. She sometimes uses almost complete sentences, but still babbles a lot. When she counts it's usually "One, two, four, nine, ten!" She likes songs and dancing. She'll usually sing the last word of the verse with you. She really loves "Row row row your Boat" and requests it on repeat. She enjoys pointing out what belongs to who--she'll identify her own things "Cinda's bear. Cinda's cup" and will then point out our stuff, "Mama's shoes, Dede's shoes, Papa's shoes." She still has a very sweet and sunny disposition, often waking up smiling (though waking her up is currently a long process--girlfriend loves to sleep in). She has her occasional moods and isn't above giving orders, "No, Papa, no!" We get lots of hugs and kisses and she's better at saying "I love you" in Mandarin than English.

My little Lemon is tottering the line between baby and toddler. It'll be hard to see this one grow up, knowing she's my last baby. It's a good thing she and her big brother keep me so busy and entertained!

Happy Birthday Lucinda! We love you soooo much!







No comments: