
So, lately Lucinda has been calling me "Mommy" or "Mommy-ah." I decided when Deston was born that I wanted to be called "Mama" (just as Andrew chose "Papa" rather than "Daddy") and it's a little aggravating to have Lucinda start using a different name for me. We think it's because the ladies at daycare tend to say "Mommy" and "Daddy." We nicely asked them to use "Mama" and they've been cooperative. Still, Lucinda persists in using "Mommy-ah" most of the time. We're not making a big deal out of it. We all refer to me as "Mama," and will usually repeat what she says back to her using the corrected name. I think (hope) this will be a phase and eventually she'll come back around to my preferred name. I guess I could think of this as a nickname. That makes it marginally more palatable. My Lemon has a mind of her own and she's more than comfortable using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment