Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Good Times, Spring Break

We had a lot of fun adventures over Deston's Spring Break. Andrew and I both took vacation and I was surprised at how relaxing a week at home was. Beyond a weekend trip to Delaware, we were able to do some spring cleaning around the apartment, take a day trip, and have some of the calmest evenings we've had in a long time. This may have been our first extended staycation; I'm definitely a fan!

A big thanks to the Lockes and the Pudlos for hosting us in Delaware. We got to introduce Lucinda to lots of dogs and had our first ever outdoor egg hunt on Easter!

We didn't get pictures, but we had a nice visit with Grandma Billie who recognized all of us and was so surprised when we stopped by. She was very coherent and even asked me if we were going to my mom's for Christmas. During the visit, I mostly accompanied Lucinda on her tours up and down the corridors. Andrew was able to write notes to her since she can't really hear at all; they managed to have a good conversation.

Spring decorations

Friends from Easters past

In the back of the car for another diaper
change on the road.

Most the Locke gang with half of the Lang gang.

Bedtime story

Jenga! Lab and pit bull mix, a beautiful combination.

The poisonous foxglove--deadly beauty.

With the Pudlos at Longwood Gardens



Me and my Lemondrop in the orchid room.



The last time I was at Longwood Gardens, the indoor children's garden was still under construction. It's a gorgeous addition to the Conservatory. There are fountains galore!









Family photo Take One.

Take Two!

Elin and Deston

Baby friends!


Easter Egg Hunt in Jammies!!


Easter cuties.

Easter Grumpy Pants

Easter breakfast at the Friendly's in Lantana Square

Quiet and busy. Ah.

I didn't get a great shot of Lucinda in her dress,
but she looks pretty adorable right here.


Easter stripes.

We got to see Mom-mom!



No comments: