Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dispatches from Canada: Volume II, Lakes, Appetites, and Poutine

The good times continue to roll in Verona, Canada. Deston has been eating like he's never eaten before. It must be something about this clean Canadian air and all the time spent outdoors. He and Andrew have been playing lots of hockey and he's been doing laps inside and outside the house. Consequently, Deston has been telling us how hungry he is and it's music to our ears! Maybe it will carry over when we get back home. We can hope.

Lakes are everywhere around here! We haven't gone anywhere without getting a glimpse of a beautiful lake.

This beauty was on the way to the farm:
The clouds are incredible.
 Here is the lake you can see from Matt and Tab's front yard:
  This is the same lake you can see from the front yard. This is down by the boat slip.
 Idyllic.
 

Lake and shore
 Ah.
 Wish you were here!
And finally, here is poutine, fries covered in cheese curd and gravy. I think I've eaten french fries every day since I've been here. I can't say if this is good or bad. What the heck, it's vacation!


No comments: