Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas in St. Louis



We spent nine lovely days with my family in Missouri and I have to say it was such a relaxing break. I was hardly on my phone at all and my mother does not have a computer or cable! I did not miss them, though Drew was fretting about his fantasy sports teams. Deston was lavished with attention by his Memee, Aunt Erika (Aunt-E), Aunt Meg and Gram. He also got to meet his cousins (my cousins' children). I could tell he missed being around other kids, though he had some minor showdowns with 2 yr old Madison.

My mother's house always feels so comfortable to me. It's been two years since we visited, but it didn't feel that way once we were there. I love walking into those places that feel like home. My cat Gypsy was surprisingly sweet and sat on my lap several times! I hope we can have many more visits. Deston probably won't remember too much of the trip, but I think that he will start to get that familiar feeling of home also.

I hope everyone's holidays were merry and relaxing. I'm still trying to get some holiday cards out (maybe before Valentine's Day!).

Here are some pictures.


On the plane, shortly before a meltdown.

Shades to combat the "too bright" sun.

Opening Uncle Matt and Aunt Tab's gift (in the I Love Yuo bag).

Oh, Santa was good to Deston this year.

Alphabet cards from Memee. Everyone like the Halloween jammies on Christmas?

With Aunt-E

Please, no pictures.

He looks a little defensive of that cup.

Mom (Memee)

Gram and Aunt Meg



No comments: