Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Home sick

It's the first day of summer and I have a head cold! Boo. For once in my life I decided not to push it and stay home from work. It's me and my neti pot, baby. We're also having our first heat wave of the year, so I'm staying close the air conditioning.

A few days ago I noted that I think Lemon would be happiest if I stayed at home eating and lounging all day. Lemon is usually most active right after I eat, and sometimes starts thumping around as I'm getting hungry as if to remind me to eat something. If I also happen to be sitting with my feet up, Lemon starts really rocking and rolling. Today I'm (mostly) happy to indulge Lemon in his/her ideal conditions. I'll be eating anything that doesn't require cooking and will try to keep my feet up most of the day. If I can avoid thinking about the things I'm not doing at work, it should be a pretty good day.

No comments: