Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

This morning

As usual, the to-do list stretches before me, seeming impossibly long for the number of available hours. Wishing for more hours in the day is like wishing for an extra arm.

And yet, all we've managed to do this morning is play with birthday balloons (thanks Elsie!), drink coffee, answer an email and listen to pleasant music. Somehow these activities seemed vital to the beginning of the day. Sweeping the floor, less so. No doubt this is indicative of my motivation levels, which is dismaying considering the schoolwork I need to accomplish.

Now I'm being pulled (literally) away to read a book. I'll get all my to-dos done eventually, maybe. I think my almost three-year-old might be part of the reason why it's difficult to cross items of my list. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

Meg said...

Sounds to me like you are accomplishing ALL of the "necessary" things -- coffee, music, reading to Deston, spending time together as a family.

What else could there possibly be?

Love to you and your boys,

Aunt Meg