Here I will devote a blog post to the happenings in young Deston's life.
Deston is go, go, go. It's such a relief to be able to go to the playground again and he's quite a capable climber. I've also reached a point where I don't have to hover behind him when he's on a ladder, so I feel I've grown. I think it doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights -- Deston seems to have no trouble with them, so I'm trying not to pass that down.
He's still athletic and enjoys whacking his golf ball around his room with the green golf club. It's an interesting mix of hockey moves and golf equipment. Anything involving kicking, throwing or bouncing balls can fill large blocks of time.
Books comprise lots of time as well. Often we'll read upwards of 7 in a row. Books like Big Dog Little Dog or Go Dog, Go he can help 'read' by filling in words. He likes to hear longer books like How the Grinch Stole Christmas or The Night Before Christmas. Unfortunately, we don't have the space to put away seasonal titles, so it's the holidays all year round. This morning he opened a book that Aunt Meg gave him, full of short stories and some fairy tales and began reading to us. "Once a time, there a rabbit." "Once a time, there a duck." "Once a time, there a clock." "The end."
In imaginary games he is Batman and Drew or I is a lion. We pretend to be animals -- "ribbib, ribbib." He can also do a nice tree pose and down dog.
His most common phrase that I love lately is "I doin' somethin" or "I just have to do somethin." This is his delay tactic, besides running away.
He also sings and plays air guitar. He still likes to boogey -- dance parties are a common event in the Lang household.
3 comments:
What a lovely update and thanks for the photos!
Cool! It's been too long since I've seen him (and you and Drew as well). Are y'all still planning a trip to AL this summer?
Love you!
Dad
Always love to see more photos - and some of you and Drew, too, honey!! I printed this entry and took it to your Grandmother's and read it to her -- related in exactly your words. Perfect. She loved it, too.
Miss you all.
Glad the semester is winding down for you and that you will (hopefully!) have some decent time off this summer to just relax and enjoy. Kiss your boys for me.
Aunt Meg
Post a Comment