There's just something about dropping your kids off on the first day of school. I've done it four times now with Deston and it always feels the same. There's excitement, nervousness, and a desire to stay with him all day to make sure he's okay. Maybe it's the big bag of school supplies, the kids milling around in the schoolyard, or the chaos of parents and teachers reacquainting themselves to the morning routine, but the first day of school always has an exhilarating newness that leaves you wondering what the year will have in store. I hope it's a good year for everyone, especially Deston. School has not always been easy for him, but this is his second year at P.S. 172, so he won't have that new kid stuff to deal with.
Here we go!
 |
| My handsome third grader! |
1 comment:
Wishing Deston a great school year. I love her smile in the pic with big brother!
Post a Comment