In the week after Hurricane Sandy hit, Drew and I were putting together Deston's sixth birthday party. Deston and I chose Ancient Egypt as the theme since as he puts it, "I'm interested in Ancient Egypt." We had originally planned to have it at the Westbeth community room in the West Village. Westbeth is an artist's residence and organization. Unfortunately they lost power and we decided it would be best not to ask our guests to make the arduous trip into Manhattan. So, the party moved to our place. All in all, it was a fun time. We're very lucky that our biggest challenge after a devastating hurricane was making sure our son had a great birthday. Thanks to all our friends for coming out and celebrating with us!
As much as I'd like to take credit for all the awesome party ideas, I admit I pulled them from some Internet mamas. Pinterest for the win!
And now for some pictures!
 |
| Symbols for Egyptian gods and goddesses graced the goody bags. |
 |
| The tomb entrance! |
 |
| Pyramids of course |
 |
The pyramid cake with some of Deston's Playmobil figurines.
Thanks to Parents magazine for the recipe and instructions. Mine
looks a little bit more like a mountain than a pyramid! |
 |
The birthday pharaoh! I'm still trying to figure out
how he got so big so quickly. |
 |
| Friends! |
 |
| Blurry, but so cute! |
 |
Trying to make sure the headdress doesn't go up in flames as he
makes a wish and blows out his candles. |
 |
| Little sister |
 |
We're in a phase where we like to grab our clothes
and pull them up. Love those chubby thighs! |
 |
Deston with some of his birthday presents. Thanks Auntie for the
Sphinx! |
1 comment:
I hoped he liked it!!! :) I'm really sorry I had to miss his party... I see me making his parties a lot more in the coming years.
((hugs)) Love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment