I brought home DK's Children's Book of Music for Deston. It came with a cd and the last song is described as a "funky piece of electronica." As soon as Deston heard it, he started dancing. He's been incorporating hand movements like these into lots of his dancing lately.
Somebody get this kid some glow sticks.
I got him the book mostly because it was on a take shelf at work, but also because one day he said he "hated music." I think he mostly said this because a) he's been into saying he hates things lately and b) I said Drew loved music and he seemed to want to differentiate himself. I know he doesn't actually hate music since he spontaneously dances to our music all the time. He sings to himself and still enjoys his lullabies.
Happily, since bringing home the book, it's become his nightly habit to turn on the cd and page through the book. It's a very cool book with lots of information about musical styles and instruments. It starts with Greek and Roman times and moves to modern music. My favorite part is the orchestra map; I think Deston will be ready for the symphony soon. I have very fond memories of going to the symphony each year in grade school.
I'm pretty sure I have more videos of Deston dancing than of any other activity. I just can't get enough!
1 comment:
Jen
said...
This is super! He's a dance machine - and looks like a mini Bob Dole holding that pen.
1 comment:
This is super! He's a dance machine - and looks like a mini Bob Dole holding that pen.
Post a Comment