Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My beautiful clematis

I've been meaning to post about last spring's back porch acquisition since last spring, but time got away from me, so I'm doing it now! Everyone, meet my clematis!


I was at my favorite nursery in Red Hook buying a plant for our landlords when I saw her. I fell in love immediately. She's the most expensive plant I've ever met, but she was worth every penny! The blooms you see are the ones she came with and she bloomed again that summer. She also climbed very nicely on the back porch rails. I think I'll repot her next year and see if I can't get a little more volume in the leaves while still having a good climbing distance.
Here are some more views of her beauty.













And here is what she looks like now.

A little sad, but I think she'll weather the winter quite well.

Her winter protection. Wood chips
(you can't find small bags of mulch!) and shredded newspaper
in a trash bag.


No comments: