Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feeling proud

I'm fairly bursting with motherly pride. We got the results from Deston's Gifted test today and he scored in the 99th percentile, overall and on both categories of the test! I'm just astounded. Granted, he was very prepared. It sounds like all the kids in his class did well and made it in. All that test prep paid off.

Of course, I've been talking about it non-stop all day, finding co-workers to flag down so I can brag about his score. I emailed my family to spread the news. Drew said he's not surprised--he knew Deston would do really well. I feel totally amazed. I think my favorite moment was when I showed his preschool teacher and she shook my hand. She looked just as amazed as I felt. I tried explaining to Deston how well he did--I'm not sure he really gets it.

 Now we have to check out the various programs and decide if it's worth it. I really like the school where we registered and I'm inclined to keep him there. Time will tell. For now, I'm just so proud of Deston. He really is an amazing kid.

No comments: