Deston often calls me after I've put him to bed. The reasons for these calls vary, though they're usually all prefaced by "I need to tell you somethin'" (yeah, he's still not into 'g's). The common denominator is putting off sleep as long as he possibly can. Last night I heard the familiar cry and when I went in, Deston presented one of his teddy bears that had an unfortunate tear down his back seam. It was time for some stuffed animal surgery!
 |
| The patient puts on a brave face to mask the pain. | | |
 |
| The doctor's surgical implements. |
|
|
 |
| The wound. |
| |
 |
| The patient recovers. |
|
|
In addition to the back wound, poor Teddy had an ear tear as well. The surgery went very well. I used my stuffed animal surgical grade fishing line to suture the wounds. So far, there are no signs of infection. I expect the patient to make a full recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment