Deston and I got our first look at Eataly when Andrew took us to sample the gastronomic delights this past Saturday. As we expected, the crowd was formidable. Between the shelves, glass cases, tables and chairs, there isn't much room to maneuver. What it lacks in space, it makes up for in beauty. Lovingly-arranged produce, gleaming tile murals and the bustle of orange-clogged staff create a scrumptiously elegant atmosphere. As usual, Deston eschewed food, instead chugging a locally-sourced yogurt smoothie. On the agenda for our next visit is Pesce!
 |
| On the train, a gentleman visiting from Dallas/Ft. Worth approached us and made Deston this charming balloon poodle. |
|
|
 |
| Joining us on our tour was Jason, Brooklynite and City Winery pal |
 |
| A view of the crowd. At the far end is the drinks bar and gelato. |
 |
| Lost? |
 |
| We began with the veg restaurant, Andrew's home away from home. |
 |
| Tomato and carrot soup |
 |
| I meant to take a picture before we ate. I was hungry and it was sooooo good. |
 |
| Next we snagged a table at Pizza and Pasta. Calzone with meat, so I didn't try any. |
 |
| Winter squash lasagna. AMAZING! |
 |
| Andrew eats while Deston plays with his new gelato sticker book. |
 |
| We watched the sun set over Union Square |
 |
| Andrew's fancy new kicks |
1 comment:
My mouth is watering....
Post a Comment