a) The amazing video explaining our jury system featuring Diane Sawyer and Ed Bradley circa 1992 and reenactments of medieval justice.
b) Reading all day.
c) Buying two tomato plants for $1 each at the farmer's market outside the courthouse.
Point c leads me into my discussion of recent developments on the plant front. The tomatoes I chose are the Sweet Gold variety; if all goes well, they should yield small, yellow tomatoes. Here's some evidence that things are indeed going well.
Tomatoes!!
One of the tomatoes is absolutely thriving. Less than a month after planting, it's grown to about 2.5 feet tall, produced delicate little flowers (also yellow), and has started to work on two wee tomatoes. I'm so proud! The other Sweet Gold is not doing as well. It might have something to do with certain felines chewing on its leaves. There may be other factors at play as well. We'll see. So far it hasn't grown much. Perhaps it needs more sun.
Jasmine
My jasmine is full of buds and blooms--it's lovely to sit outside at night and breathe the the jasmine-scented air. It's pretty unruly and I've considered trimming it. Any advice? Maybe in the fall, before I bring it in for the winter.
What can I say about my herbs other than they're growing and growing. Oh yes, we also have a little pea plant that Deston brought home from daycare. It has attached it's adorable little tendrils to the fencing on the balcony. It also attached itself to a nearby jasmine branch, but I had to separate them. The jasmine just isn't ready for that level of intimacy and, besides, the pea is far too young.
And so, I leave you with pictures.
The green corner. From the right, thriving Sweet Gold, Jasmine, Pea, failing-to-thrive Sweet Gold.
A tangle of thyme
Parsley. More abundant now-this was last month
Jasmine detail.
The pea. It has since been replanted and has lots of additional growth.
1 comment:
Love it! Also jealous. Your tomatoes are doing so much better than mine!
Post a Comment