Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wall of Mirrors

Our apartment has a large wall of mirrors. It's one of the most noticeable design features, and for a year, we've been trying to come up with ways to minimize it's dominance over the living room/dining room. We've considered covering part of it with fabric or paper. My former colleague Chastity suggested hanging an artful group of empty wooden picture frames. I love that idea, but I don't think we could securely hang them from the drop ceilings.

I've decided that paper will have to do for the section of the mirror that is next to the table. Deston's seat at the table is right next to the mirror and he loves to look at himself. He'll hold entire conversations with us via the mirror. I have a nice brown paper, reminiscent of the butcher's variety, that I think will look rustic and blend in.

For the other end of the wall I've just come up with a practical solution.

                    In case you're afraid I've forgotten how to spell, "Daycare" is spelled phonetically according to Deston

This is our new Remember Board. I used dry erase markers so the reminders can be easily removed. It's close to the front door and lives above our keys and phones. It's contents have so far revolved around Daycare reminders. It's working wonderfully! I don't have to frantically text Andrew to make sure he remembered the check, the Pull-ups, the borrowed book. I can write things down when I remember them. I'm rocking my own world.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Love it.
You gotta work with what you've got, and you're working it well!

Tab said...

Yay reminder board!
I'm totally a list maker - so I love it!